Thursday, November 13, 2008

Argh... Injured


Just my luck... I'm getting back into the groove, the weather was gorgeous tonight, I head off on a run, I'd gone not even a kilometer and I rolled my ankle, badly...

I was running along the sidewalk and came along a house with a big tree that had shed a tonne of yellow leaves, they formed a total carpet covering the sidewalk and stretching up onto the lawn and down over the boulevard to the road.

There was a car parked over the sidewalk so I had to run down across the boulevard, as I went to do that, there must have been a curb or they'd dug out a trench between the sidewalk and the grass or something but I went right over on my left ankle.

If anyone had their windows open, they were treated to a deluge of expletives.

Good thing I wasn't too far from home, so I was able to limp my way back in about 10 minutes... So I've got a pretty nasty limp at the moment, we'll see how it feels tomorrow, but I think it's pretty bad, I'll be off soccer for probably at least 2 or 3 weeks and not jogging for probably something like that as well... I'm so angry...

Oh a happier note, we popped up to Jack Astor's for the TFC pub crawl and got to meet Tyrone Marshall, what a nice guy! He was really friendly and took the time to chat with the kids, classy!

No comments: